Thursday 13 February 2014

Overload at School

OVERLOAD!!!!!! Too.....much...stuff....

Ok, yesterday we had to take in:

Reading bag
Reading Record
Weekly Planner
A cheque for a museum trip
PE kit
Lunchbox
Fruit containers provided by school (one for fruit, one veg and the kids have to tick a card to say they have had their fruit and veg that day).

So I gave the teacher the cheque, because I knew it would get lost otherwise and I told her to make sure my son took the homework out of his bag and handed it in with the reading record.

When my son came out of school he was carrying:

A letter (swimming starts soon, another thing to remember...)
His bag containing his homework, reading record and planner
His lunchbox and empty fruit containers.

So then I say to the teacher:

"How come he hasn't handed in his homework and reading record?" (like I asked her to check)

and she looks at me as it to say "I haven't possibly got time to do that"

and he says "I have handed it in".

and I say "No, you haven't, its in your hand"

and she says "Yes, its in your hand"

and he looks puzzled.

and I take it from him and give it to the teacher. And I also mention this weekly planner, which they gave the kids weeks ago to write in and so far, ours is blank because my son doesn't know what to do with it.

and then we trundle home, overloaded with our glut of letters, lunchboxes and bag and fruit containers...because we walk, even when it's raining, which incidentally, it is.

And sometimes, I think I look like a bag lady or a one man band with all of this stuff hanging off me.

No comments:

Post a Comment